Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon is the international economics honorary society. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are:
- The recognition of scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics;
- The establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within colleges and universities, and among colleges and universities;
- The publication of its official journal, The American Economist; and
- The sponsoring of panels at professional meetings as well as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions.
The minimum requirements for admission for undergraduates are:
- Completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses; and
- Attainment of at least a “B” average in economics courses and an overall “B” average in all classes and be in the upper 1/3 of their class.
For more information, go to the National Omicron Delta Epsilon website.